Wednesday, November 4, 2009

No Dancing!!

So let me fill you in quickly...I've had a very bad day. I'm not going to go deep into my bad day, but one thing after another went wrong, and of course a bad day cannot be complete with a DMV experience with not having the right documentation after waiting in line for 30 minutes.

So I go into work and I clock in - and I can't clock in! I'm 12 minutes early, I'm not allowed to clock in until 6pm, which is when I'm supposed to be on duty. Same with clocking out - I have to clock out on time or else I need the manager's card swiped. I'm not allowed extra time. Seriously, for a normal person on a normal day of normal work, are you not allowed to show up early?

I don't mean for this to be a rant. This blog is about my ideas, not about what's wrong with Friendly's. People who read it can rant all they want in the comments, but me? I'm supposed to be the strong one, not the girl that has a problem with everything. Who wants to read that? That's right. Nobody.

I sucked in my woes, and I decided during a slow period I'll get some smiles by doing a little dance. So I did. The kids were smiling, "dancing queen" was on,

And the manager saw me for the first time doing this, and stopped me.
"No honey, none of that.," she said.

...And that pretty much broke my heart.

What do I do now? How can I implement my plan if I can't dance? I used to always dance at Friendly's...

The server who was training me said "If you want to keep your job, please don't dance." She said it out of concern for me and needing the money. I do need the money. I'm completely broke, and my family is suffering because of my spontanuity. I can't do that. A responsible mother and wife and parent would keep to the rules and try to keep her job.

I just don't know what to do.

-Spontaneous Waitress

0 comments:

Post a Comment